The following is a list of common
symptoms that a Lyme Disease sufferer can typically experience. This is
not a complete list and is based on the personal experience of Living
the Lyme Life founder, James Christie.
1. Rash at site of original tick
bite (photos here).
2. Re-occurring circular rashes on
other parts of body (photo here).
3. Flu-like symptoms - fever,
4. Sore Throats - swollen glands,
excessive long-term production of phlegm.
5. Extreme Headaches and
6. Night Sweats - wake up soaking
wet and feel like burning up.
7. Heart Palpitations and chest
pain - heart racing, can feel pulse pounding throughout body.
8. Vision Problems - light
sensitivity, trouble focusing, eye pain.
9. Hearing Problems - ringing or
buzzing in ears, plugged ears, impaired hearing.
10. Jaw / Teeth Pain - top and/or
bottom jaw pain.
11. Neck Muscle Pain and
12. Chronic Muscle Pain - shaking,
13. Joint and Bone Pain.
14. Extreme Fatigue - total body
exhaustion - sleep for days and still feel exhausted.
15. Dizziness - trouble walking
after standing up - balance problems.
16. Anxiety / Panic Attacks.
17. Irritability - mood swings and
18. Sleep disorders - waking up
after 3 or 4 hours sleep and cant get back to sleep.
19. Memory Loss - loss of focus
and clarity, confusion, disorientation, lack of concentration.
20. Speech Problems - stammering,
21. Extreme Weight gain or loss.
22. Pain Migrates Through Body -
symptoms change frequently, comes and goes rapidly.
23. Severe Alcohol Sensitivity
- tiny amount of alcohol makes body feel like it is spinning.